Dove soap is a PH-neutral soap bar that contains ingredients that replenish the essential nutrients lost during cleansing and helps to preserve your baby’s skin barrier function, which means it isn’t harmful to a baby’s delicate skin by allowing more moisture and nutrients to stay in.
In the first few months of a baby’s life, their skins are continually developing and super delicate because they are 30% thinner than ours and are more vulnerable to damage and dryness.
Their skin barriers are weaker too, which means that baby’s skins lose moisture up to 5 times faster than our skin.
According to the Independent Cosmetic Ingredients Review Experts Panel, Dove soap ingredients are safe for use by both adults and children.
That’s why your baby’s bath soap of choice should give your baby’s skin the gentle care it needs. Dove bath soaps offer more than just mild cleansing, and they ensure the healthy development of your baby’s skin too.
Dove soaps are gentler and more nourishing than any other soap bar with a delicate fragrance that simply allows you to enjoy those special bath times with your little one.
In addition, it replenishes the baby’s skin with essential nutrients lost during the bathing process.
Reasons to buy dove soap for your baby
Other than foaming a rich lather that cleans your baby’s skin very well, dove soap offers the following additional benefits to you and your little one.
- The sensitive moisture soap consists of almost ¼ moisturizing cream that makes it more nourishing than any other baby soap out there.
- It gently removes oil and other impurities from the baby’s body and hair and can be washed off easily without leaving any residue.
- It gently cleanses your baby’s hair and sensitive skin leaving it soft, smooth, and moisturized.
- Dove soaps are extra mild and can be used even on newborns’ sensitive skin.
- Dove soaps come with a soft fragrance that minimizes or better yet lowers the risk of allergies
- Dove soaps are ophthalmologists, pediatricians, and dermatologists tested.
- Dove soaps are PH neutral and hypoallergenic which helps to minimize the risk of allergies.
- Dove has 2 soap options available in the market to choose from. A rich moisture bar and a sensitive moisture baby bar to offer extra special care for children with sensitive skin.
- Dove soaps are free from parabens.
- They are available in two sizes 50g and 75g and you can choose according to your pocket.
- Dove soaps are easily available at local departmental stores and also online on Amazon.
- They are very affordable.
Do babies need soap?
Sparing the soap on the baby’s skin will help protect their skin from rashes and dry spots and keep their skin looking better with its natural oil as their skin is susceptible and delicate, and they also don’t need a bath every day. 2-3 in a week is more than enough.
When can I use regular soap on my baby?
You can start using unscented baby bath soaps and shampoos from about 4-6 weeks but be careful to only use a little, so you don’t damage your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin. Babies with long hair may need a drop of shampoo on their hair, lathered and rinsed off.
Is baby dove soap clinically proven and hypoallergenic?
Yes. The baby dove soap and other baby dove range of products have been clinically tested by Unilever Clinic Scientists and other accredited third-party agencies to prove their hypo-allergenicity and compatibility with the baby’s delicate skin. Their mildness and moisturization have also been tested where appropriate based on individual product type.
It’s very important what kind of soap you use for a baby’s skin because most soap brands make their skin dry and flaky.
Dove has always been a brand synonymous with moisture, mild cleansing, and positive messaging making it a cult-like classic with its amazing and luxurious line of products.
Whether your baby’s bath is in a kitchen sink or a bathtub, it will just be right as long as you are there to provide gentle care for their skin with products made with nourishing, gentle formulas that contain no dyes and parabens.