Fortunately, Enfamil offers different formulas for babies that are sensitive to ordinary formulas. While Enfamil Infant is formulated for those babies that have no issues with feeding and it contains less sugar content which is perfect for babies, Gentlease is made for babies who are protein sensitive.
Babies have a developing digestive system, and sometimes they may have feeding issues.
Still, Enfamil Infant and Gentlease are both the perfect formula full of nutrients for your young one.
To help you know how to switch and which one to choose, together with the nutrients present in both, we will share a guide on these two formulas individually as well as the better and the bad sides of each to enable you to have a proper view.
Is switching baby formula safe?
Yes. In general, different types of the same brand of formula have the same basic ingredients, and switching between formulas is not a problem, even though many parents wonder if doing so may cause constipation.
You can even mix and switch different brands of the same type of formula together if you feel that your baby responds better to a mixture of one brand with another.
You just need to be aware of the ingredients found in the new formula.
The type of formula you choose to switch to depends on personal preference and your baby’s needs, and the nutritional value that comes with the change.
As long as you are following the standard mixing procedure, it is safe to switch baby formula.
Is it okay to switch between Enfamil formulas?
Yes. If your baby has a problem while on their formula, the chances are that she may need a different type of formula and not a different brand.
Many parents think that swapping their baby formula brands can solve the child’s feeding issue, which is always not the case.
Enfamil offers various baby formulas for different purposes and stages, although it may take two to three weeks to determine if the new type of formula from the same brand helps.
Your pediatrician may recommend a specialty formula for your baby for a particular feeding problem but there’s no need to switch back and forth between brands once the issue is resolved.
They both give your baby all the nourishment they need.
Enfamil vs. Gentlease – The difference
Below are some of the notable differences and health benefits between Enfamil infant and gentlease which should help influence your decision as you prepare to switch between the two formulas.
Helps in cognitive development
Cognitive development includes balancing, and the development of your baby’s major organ, and Enfamil infant is clinically proven to help with this development leading to the healthiest growth for your baby.
Has nutrients also found in breast milk
Created with a fat protein blend of MFGM and DHA, which can only be found in breast milk, it is best for mothers who can not breastfeed for inevitable reasons but shouldn’t be used as a substitute for breast milk.
Recommended by pediatricians
The complete nutritional value in this formula has impressed most pediatricians the world over and it has also received praises from baby health experts.
Enfamil infant formula is made with Non-GMO ingredients that are safe for babies, something that most companies manufacturing baby foods don’t do.
- A perfect replacement for breast milk by providing fat, proteins, and carbohydrates
- Offers healthy digestion with fuel prebiotic
- Best for babies who have no issues with feeding
- It offers all the essential nutrients that help your baby conquer all her developmental milestones seamlessly
- Uses lactose as a sweetener
- It is budget-friendly
- You can feed them as liquid, dry powder, and also as concentrated liquid
- It includes nonfat milk as the main ingredient
- Contains less sugar
- It can’t be used for children with digestive difficulties
- Uses palm olein oil for adding fat
- It has hexane which is very inappreciable for babies
- This formula isn’t organic
Supports cognitive development
Without proper cognitive development, your baby could face numerous developmental issues in the future because they require proper nutrients for better development which is served in this formula.
It’s essential for your baby’s brain growth and movement.
Easy to digest proteins
This formula is specially created with easy-to-digest proteins suitable for babies with milk intolerance because milk is filled with proteins.
Your baby can now get the necessary protein for proper growth.
Brain building and growth support
The nutrients present in this formula can help in a child’s essential brain development and help with the immune system, so your baby won’t fall prey to sickness due to lack of immunity. It is essential for premature babies who lack enough immunity to protect them.
Handles gas issues
Some babies suffer from gastritis which is quite hard to handle.
Because you can’t use medication on them unknowingly, this formula handles it very well so your baby can sleep peacefully without any chest burns or puffed belly.
- Helps with the baby’s brain growth and formation
- Serves required and needed help the development of vision and intelligence
- Great for babies with tummy issues
- Helps with protein intolerance
- By having zinc, vitamin A and prebiotics from this formula, your baby’s digestive system is well cared for
- Available in dry and liquid form
- Lactose levels have been reduced by 20%
- Not budget-friendly at all
- Contains high sugar content
- The flavor of gentlease isn’t very appreciable for babies
Infant formula switching rules
Now that we have some basic Enfamil infant and gentlease facts, here are some quick tips to make that switch seamless for your little person:
- Never add cow’s milk, sugar, or juice to your baby’s new formula.
- No need to switch formulas without a concern. Don’t fix what isn’t broken.
- Don’t concentrate or dilute your baby’s new formula. For standard powder formula, you can use 1 scoop that comes with the formula, with 2 ounces of water. Better yet, follow the instructions on the packaging.
- You can pre-boil the water and let it cool, but tap water can be used too. You can also remove fluoride with a reverse osmosis filter system if you want to help babies who are exclusively formula-feed.
- If your baby doesn’t react well to the change in formula or you are worried about a potential intolerance or allergy, please inform your pediatrician.
- Continue feeding your baby infant formula without mixing it with any milk substitute before their first birthday.
- You can begin by mixing the old one and the new one and gradually keep changing the ratio until you are only feeding the new formula.
Is switching from Enfamil Infant to Gentlease recommended?
If your little one has a protein intolerance, then you can switch from Enfamil Infant to Gentlease.
Otherwise, it is not advisable to do so as the Infant has a lot more beneficial factors that Gentlease lack.
How is Enfamil Infant vs Gentlease taste?
The Gentlease tastes a little bit odd for most babies.
On the other hand, Enfamil Infant taste is more appreciated by babies and is recommended by doctors. It doesn’t taste or smell artificial.
What are the Gentlease ingredients?
Enfamil Gentlease contains a mixture of partially hydrolyzed nonfat milk, corn syrup solids, soy, vegetable oil, and many other necessary healthy nutrients for a baby’s development.
Is switching from Gentlease to regular formula difficult?
Yes. It can be very tough for your baby to adopt if she is habituated to the formulated milk from the start but she will adapt eventually.
Then you can make her get used to the regular formulation.
At this phase, we believe that you have got a clear view of Enfamil Infant vs Gentlease and how switching from one formula to the other can help ease your worries about burping, spit-up, or excess gas but in most cases, it is not necessary.
As long as your baby is healthy and not showing any signs of allergy or true formula intolerance, the choice between Enfamil Infant and Gentlease depends on personal preference.
The biggest difference between them apart from the constituency of the sensitive and insensitive tummy is the taste.
Some children are quite picky about what they eat and might choose one formula over another.
However, considering the varying taste of breastmilk depending on what the breastfeeding mother eats, the flavor is usually not a big factor for formula-fed babies.
Overall, both Enfamil Infant and Enfamil Gentlease formulas are great considering numerous factors, and we hope that we at 1happykiddo have been helpful to you with the different factors and now you can make the formula healthy and nutritious for your baby.